This week at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas, Dolby Laboratories, Inc. is showcasing a broad portfolio of audiovisual experiences across a range of price points and devices, driving Dolby Vision™ and Dolby Atmos® adoption in more markets with leading global partners such as Apple, Lenovo, LG, Netflix, Panasonic, Samsung, Sony, TCL, Vestel, and others.
“Dolby advances the science of sight and sound to create and enable spectacular experiences,” said Kevin Yeaman, President and CEO, Dolby Laboratories. “We are excited to showcase the momentum of Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos at CES and to continue to deliver more Dolby experiences to consumers around the world.”
Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos: simply spectacular audiovisual experiences
Dolby creates comprehensive solutions through active collaboration with partners to ensure a seamless connection between creators and consumers. With growing industry adoption of Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos, these superior audiovisual experiences are now available to the mass market, and are simpler than ever to enjoy.
• Lenovo is bringing Dolby Vision to its ThinkPad X1 Series – the X1 Carbon and X1 Yoga. This milestone marks the first PCs to support Dolby Vision.
• Panasonic is bringing Dolby Vision to its UB820 4K UHD Blu-ray player, expanding the lineup of OEMs that support Dolby Vision.
• Three Chinese TV OEMs bring new products supporting Dolby technologies. TCL is the first TV OEM to announce a Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos TV in China. The company also announced a new line of mainstream Dolby Vision TVs available in the United States. Both Hisense and Changhong are expanding support of Dolby Vision to new TV lines. In addition, Skyworth has plans to bring Dolby Atmos to its TVs in 2018.
• LG Electronics announced that all 2018 LG OLED and Super UHD TVs will support both Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos. LG also unveiled its latest Dolby Atmos sound bar – the SK10Y. These announcements will enable a broader range of LG’s product lines to deliver both cutting-edge imaging and state-of-the-art sound.
• Sony revealed that its 2018 X900F series and A8F Bravia OLED series TVs will support Dolby Vision and will be joined by its first Dolby Vision capable 4K UHD Blu-ray player. To marry stellar imaging with phenomenal audio, Sony also announced a new line of mainstream Dolby Atmos sound bars including the HT-X9000F, priced at $599 MSRP.
• P&F USA, branded as Philips in the United States, is bringing Dolby Vision to its new 69 and 59-Series TVs.
• Dolby’s proposals for dynamic metadata and color representation, which are foundational components of Dolby Vision, are now included within the HDR specification of the ATSC 3.0 next-generation TV standard. This major milestone enables delivery of live broadcasts in Dolby Vision.
• Dolby AC-4 has been selected for ATSC 3.0 audio and will deliver the future of audio entertainment to living rooms around the world.
Experiencing content the way creators intended
Built on a foundation of commitment from the creative community, reaching across Hollywood, broadcast, over-the-top (OTT) streaming, and live production, Dolby is fostering a rapidly growing, global pipeline of captivating content for Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos. From films to episodic content, sports to immersive gaming, Dolby is enhancing every genre across a growing array of platforms.
• Major Hollywood studios including Disney, Lionsgate, Paramount Home Media Distribution, Sony Pictures Home Entertainment, Universal Pictures Home Entertainment, and Warner Bros. Home Entertainment support Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos in the home.
• Nearly 200 movies are available in Dolby Vision on iTunes.
• Netflix has over 200 hours of Dolby Vision content and continues to grow its catalog. This includes popular series such as Stranger Things 2 as well as Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos titles such as Marvel’s The Punisher and the recently released film, Bright.
• Dolby Atmos games are available on Microsoft’s Xbox One, including Gears of War 4 and Assassins Creed Origins. The first Dolby Vision games are also available on PC, including Battlefield 1 and Mass Effect Andromeda.
• Live sports in Dolby Atmos are available today with regular broadcasts of soccer, tennis, and boxing on air.
Distributing the spectacular to a growing global audience
Leading distributors around the world are adopting Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos to provide the best experience to their customers.
• Leading streaming and video on demand providers such as Amazon, iQIYI, iTunes, Netflix, Rakuten, Tencent, VUDU, and others support Dolby Vision. Netflix, Rakuten, and VUDU support both Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos.
• Okko launched support of Dolby Atmos on its service in Russia, which includes both Hollywood and Russian films.
• Tencent recently announced availability of Dolby Vision on the Tencent Video app for mobile devices in China, including iPhone X, iPhone 8, and iPhone 8 Plus.
• 4K UHD Blu-ray discs are available in Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos.
• Dolby Atmos is live on air on BT Sport and Sky in the UK.
• This past summer, Dolby conducted several successful live broadcast trials of major sporting events in Dolby Vision.