Dell EMC has unveiled global availability for its next generation of its server to help customers of all sizes fuel their IT transformation initiatives.
Recently previewed at Dell EMC World 2017, the design of the new 14th generation Dell EMC PowerEdge server portfolio forms a scalable, automated and secure compute platform for traditional and cloud-native applications, designed for new Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors.
“The 14th Generation of PowerEdge servers are at the bedrock of the modern data center and are aimed at driving IT transformation in the industry,” said Rajesh Janey, President & Managing Director, India Enterprise, Dell EMC. “To begin their transformation journey, enterprises need to optimize IT by modernizing, automating and transforming technologies, people, and processes. The 14th Generation PowerEdge servers allow our customers to Scale, Automate, and Protect their business.”
“India offers a unique opportunity pertaining to the IT Infrastructure market with Digital Transformation becoming a top priority for CEOs. Data centers need to deliver a modern infrastructure that adapts and scales with business needs and ultimately enables faster IT transformation. Dell EMC’s PowerEdge 14th Generation improves upon the world’s best-selling server portfolio with performance innovations that will enable our customers to optimize their business potential.” said Manish Gupta, Senior Director & General Manager, Compute & Networking Group, Dell EMC India.
In a recent ESG 2017 IT Transformation Maturity Curve study commissioned by Dell EMC, organizations furthest along in their IT transformation initiatives are seven times more likely to view IT as a competitive differentiator. To achieve this, the priority for many IT transformation initiatives is a modern infrastructure that can securely deliver improved efficiencies while driving innovation that enables new business models.
With its scalable business architecture, intelligent automation, and integrated security, the new Dell EMC PowerEdge 14th generation server portfolio delivers on these desired benefits. PowerEdge servers, the bedrock of the modern data center, enable customers to push innovation further and faster to achieve their IT transformation goals.
The scalable business architecture of Dell EMC PowerEdge servers help customers efficiently meet their changing business needs with enhanced performance capabilities for traditional, virtualized and cloud-native workloads in a software-defined data center. The new Dell EMC PowerEdge server portfolio, highly optimized for non-volatile memory express (NVMe), helps customers accelerate deployment of software-defined data storage and hyper-converged infrastructure stacks with:
· Accelerated database performance and lower latency with up to 12 times more database IOPS1 and up to 98 percent less database latency in a VMware vSAN cluster4
· Faster and seamless live migration of virtual machines now up to 58 percent faster with up to 75 percent less CPU usage when using 25GbE with Remote Direct Memory Access (RDMA)5
· Faster storage performance in compute to maximize application performance with up to six times more NVMe drives, up to five times total flash storage, 30 percent more input/output slots and 25 percent density improvement6
Intelligent automation in Dell EMC PowerEdge servers enable IT professionals to focus on mission-critical tasks that drive greater customer and business value. Specifically, OpenManage Enterprise with a powerful RESTful API offers tools for automating deployment, updates, monitoring, and maintenance. The new, more powerful OpenManage Enterprise management console offers users:
· Easy server lifecycle management from deployment to retirement and repurposing with enhanced Integrated Dell Remote Access Controller (iDRAC9). It gives up to four times more improved performance in user interface and experience and a 30% time reduction to set up iDRAC with QuickSync 22 mobile-based management
· Up to 90 percent faster PowerEdge server issue resolution using ProSupport Plus and SupportAssist proactive and predictive technology7
Dell EMC believes that integrated security is integral to compute and should not require extra licensing fees. Dell EMC pioneered root of trust within its PowerEdge servers for the past two generations. A robust cyber-resilient architecture enables customers to protect, detect, recover and retire PowerEdge servers via:
· Cryptographically trusted booting that anchors end-to-end server safety and overall data center security. It includes features like silicon-based root of trust, Intel Boot Guard protection, signed firmware and automatic BIOS recovery and the new OpenManage Enterprise as a virtual console delivers enhanced server safety while offering customers operational flexibility.