As India continues to take rapid steps towards digitalization, India’s business travelers demonstrate a strong preference for tech-forward travel solutions as well as a clear need for safety tools. SAP SE has announced the launch of a new SAP® Concur® survey that highlighted the preference for an integrated travel solution that could help ensure the safety of Indian business travelers.
Emerging as one of the world’s fastest growing business travel markets, corporate travel in India is propelled by end-to-end technology centric solutions, preferences and mindset. Aimed at understanding the impact of business travel on individuals – how they prioritize safety, comfort and convenience on every trip. The online survey that was conducted amongst 500 Indian business travelers, sheds light on the top concerns among modern business travelers in India. Notable highlights from the survey include:
- Opportunities for employers to adopt travel technologies –
- 77% of Indian business travelers agree their employers are behind when it comes to adopting latest technologies to manage business travel
- 67% of Indian business travelers believe in experiencing gap in technology adoption for booking and expense reporting tools
- 66% of Indian business travelers rated that there is a gap in adoption of travel safety tools such as automated safety alerts about their destination
- Opportunity to improve productivity, compliance and control over business expenses –
o 32% Indian business travelers rated that their company took 3-5 days to reimburse for a business trip expense
o 56% Indian business travelers believe it’s more likely to have their expenses reimbursed on time than having their plane leave on time.
o 55% Indian business travelers said that they forfeited or lost money on a travel-related business expense because either they didn’t think it was worth reporting or because their company failed to reimburse them.
- Travelers do not put safety as a priority despite their experiences with risk, while traveling, scope to adopt travel safety tools –
- While 28% say, they prioritize safety first, 29% say, they put business first.
- 88% have experienced safety concerns while on a business trip in the last 12 months.
- Business travel isn’t getting easier or less stressful
- 36% say that the most stressful part of a business trip is during the trip itself
- 68% say they have changed their travel accommodations owing to safety concerns
- Nearly all Indian business travelers (98%) have shared their location while travelling for business, the most of all markets surveyed (global average: 91%). This includes nearly 3 in 4 (73%) who did so for safety specifically, second only to Mexico (76%) as the most likely to do so (global average: 58%).